I hope this email finds you well during this difficult time. I am reaching out to inform you of an update to our agency software that now automatically screens staff 24 hours prior to their shifts with clients. This new feature is an additional layer of support and protection for our clients and their families. If you are not already doing so, we strongly suggest that you use these questions to screen all friends and family members that may be entering your home(s) as well. I have also included helpful resources below that support families during the COVID-19 pandemic. Screening questions are as follows:
During the mobile app and telephony clock-in process, caregivers are now presented with four Yes/No questions:
- Have you or a member of your household been experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, cough, or shortness of breath?
- Have you or a member of your household been out of the country within the last 14-18 days?
- Have you or a member of your household been in close contact with anyone who has been tested, diagnosed or told by a medical professional they may have COVID-19?
- Have you or a member of your household been in close contact with anyone who has traveled overseas or to a high-risk area within the last 14-18 days?
If the caregiver answers NO to all four questions, they will start the shift as normal. If the caregiver answers YES to ANY of the questions, our office will be notified immediately and the caregiver will be directed to call us for further guidance.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES TO KEEP YOUR LOVED ONE SAFE AT HOME DURING COVID-19
Telehealth services (covered by insurance):
- United Medical House Calls (telemedicine and house call provider): call Michael Cooper, 631-576-7725 or click here to view their website.
- Senior Options Systems (in-home and telehealth mental health counseling): call Jennifer Rogak, LCSW, 516-313-5556 or click here to view their website.
In-home physical, occupational, and speech therapy services (covered by insurance):
- Amedysis Home Health Services: call Caren Stahl, LPN, 516-491-5526
Deep clean, disinfecting services:
- Island Trauma Services – call Sean McCormack, (631) 804-0780 or click here to view their website.
Home modification services:
- Safe Home Modifications: call John Baio or Tom Focarile, 631-509-3885 or click here to view their website.
Recreational activity resources for at home:
- Tips for Dementia Caregivers
- Quarantine Family Toolkit by Kristin Ramsey, ATR-BC, LPC
- COVID19 and Family Caregiving
- Care for Caregivers: Tips for Families and Educators
- Caring for Someone at Home during COVID19
- Caregiver Action Network
- Art Resources during COVID19
- Virtual Museums and Galleries Around the World
- Free Exercise Videos for Elderly
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please do not hesitate to reach out. We are here to support you and your loved ones as we weather this storm together.
Director of Operations
Family First Home Companions
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- In-Home Care During COVID-19 - July 3, 2020
- Owners, Jennifer Benjamin and Alice Bonora, Nominated as Honorees - July 1, 2020
- Home Care Workers Receive a COVID-19 Hero Pay Boost - May 27, 2020