Here to Help Throughout the Coronavirus Pandemic
As the novel Coronavirus continues to impact our communities, Family First Home Companions is open for business and here to help. We are offering a variety of services to help those who are impacted by the stay home mandates and who are at risk for falls, suffer from a cognitive impairment, and/or are unable to manage their daily living activities.
- 24/7 live-in care – around the clock assistance by a single live-in caregiver. This means less caregivers in and out of the home daily and continuity of care.
- Errand services and outside assistance – grocery shopping, prescription pick-ups, mail pick-up, take garbage to curb, transportation, and other general incidental trips
- Overnight care – a caregiver to monitor during the night in a separate room using a monitor or staying within hearing distance to ensure safety and well-being
- Mom’s Meals – healthy, gourmet meals prepared and delivered to your door
- Visiting physicians and medical services through our partnership with United Medical House Calls
- Home safety services – home modifications such as grab bars, stair lifts, and ramps through our partnership with Safe Home Modifications
Family First Home Companions’ Coronavirus Safety Protocols
- Our professional caregivers will come equipped with masks, gloves, and shoe covers.
- All caregiver have received advanced training in Coronavirus.
- All caregivers practice bacteria and infection control, handwashing procedures, and hand sanitizing procedures.
- All caregivers refrain from coming to work if they feel sick or have respiratory problems.
During the mobile app and telephony clock-in process, caregivers are now presented with four Yes/No questions:
If the caregiver answers NO to all four questions, they will start the shift as normal. If the caregiver answers YES to ANY of the questions, our office will be notified immediately and the caregiver will be directed to call us for further guidance.
- Have you or a member of your household been experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, cough, or shortness of breath?
- Have you or a member of your household been out of the country within the last 14-18 days?
- Have you or a member of your household been in close contact with anyone who has been tested, diagnosed or told by a medical professional they may have COVID-19?
- Have you or a member of your household been in close contact with anyone who has traveled overseas or to a high-risk area within the last 14-18 days?
News 12 Long Island featured an interview with Family First Home Companions addressing the concerns about in-home support for older adults during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Coronavirus is not the only threat to older adults. Being left alone and isolated without in-home support will put them at a much greater risk for sickness or injury.
Watch the story here at longisland.news12.com.
Family First Home Companions is a Long Island home care company. We provide senior companions to assist your loved ones with daily activities, dementia care and Alzheimer’s companions, and respite care to care for your loved ones on a short term basis.
We serve the following States, Cities, Zip Codes and Counties:
Long Island, Nassau County, Suffolk County, New York City (NYC), Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island